Author: G. Polya
- Understanding the problem. What is unknown? What are the data? What is the condition?
- Devise a plan
- Have you seen it before?
- Do you know a related problem?
- Look at the unknown, and try to think of a familiar problem having the same or similar unknown
- Try to solve some related problem if you cannot solve the proposed problem (e.g., more general, more specific, an analogous problem , part of the problem, keep only part of the conditions, Boundary scenario)
- Carry out the plan
- Looking back. Check the result, derive the result differently,use the result …